We have launched hedge funds (single entity funds and master feeder structures), converted single entity funds into master feeder structures, coordinated listing applications, supervised continuing obligation requirements and regulatory filings, conducted RFPs, managed AML programs and designed and advised directors on oversight programs. Mark Berman edited Hedge Funds and Prime Brokers (2nd ed), the definitive industry guide, and wrote An Introduction to Hedge Funds.
We can, with and for you:
- conduct RFP processes to appoint or replace prime brokers, administrators and other hedge fund service providers
- advise directors on hedge fund formation and structural matters, the launch process, documentation, conversion to master feeder structures, EGMs and proxy solicitations
- advise on and conduct oversight reviews for directors
- manage director meetings and coordinate the activities of service providers
- advise on “sensitive” and cross border matters, including sales of shares and interests to US tax-paying and tax-exempt investors, side letters, valuations, redemption fee issues and “inconsistent” regulatory requirements
- coordinate the documentation process for launches and reorganizations – and review documents across funds launched at different times to identify gaps to address to help ensure consistency